8 Steps You Must Adopt Now For Healthy Aging

Healthy Aging

Aging is inevitable. It’s a fact of life. Avoiding it would be an illusion. However, slowing its progression is realistic. Always remember, what you’re doing to your skin now is the ONLY predicament to how it will look like later on.. Let’s call it our approach to healthy aging. What are you supposed to be doing now right this moment in order to age gracefully, prevent wrinkles and embrace mature skin coming your way..

Before we list the points to pay attention to, we need to distinguish between the two types of aging. There’s intrinsic and extrinsic aging. Intrinsic aging is linked to genetics. Those are responsible for only 20-30% of aging. On the other hand, extrinsic aging is responsible for the other 70%-80%, it comes from your environment, lifestyle and skincare choices. All of which you have control over.
Come to think about it, how you care for your skin far outweighs your genetic predisposition. I call that the best piece of information I have given away for a while!
Below, I list 10 things you must do now in order for your skin to achieve healthy aging..

 

1 || Steer Clear Of Harmful Sun Rays

Studies proved that consistent sunblock users’ skin ages 24% less than that of occasional sunblock wearers. To prevent this, you must wear sunscreen every day, 365 days a year, rain or shine, inside or out.

 

Healthy Aging


 

2 || Sleep On Your Back

Sleeping on the side comes right after UV exposure in terms of skin aging!  To prevent crepes between the breasts, marionette lines around the mouth and wrinkles around the eyes, try to get in the habit of sleeping on your back.

 

Healthy Aging


 

3 || Keep Uncalled For Facial Expressions At Bay

All that squinting, laughing, smiling, talking, yawning will eventually set in, in the form of deep wrinkles. Try to avoid unnecessary facial expressions. Embrace the resting B**** face (lol).

 

Healthy Aging


 

4 || Exercise Your Facial Muscles Regularly 

Muscles in our face that are not used will eventually sag. Just like muscles anywhere in our bodies, the face is no exception. Exercising the muscles beneath the skin can help the face appear tighter and firmer. In fact 32 out of 53 facial muscles are exercisable!

 

Healthy Aging


 

5 || Certain Clothes Can Be Culprit

When your skin is exposed to UV light, you will most certainly accelerate skin aging. If the time spent outdoors is always your case, wearing tops that expose your upper chest might cause early aging to that area, always extend your sunscreen application down to neck and chest.

 

Healthy Aging


 

6 || Optimize Your Lifestyle

High nutritional foods, antioxidants, sleeping 7-9 hours a night, exercising to keep good circulation in the body and focusing on living your best all lead to a healthier immune system which defies diseases. Last but not least, laugh, it’s the best medicine!

 

Healthy Aging


 

7 || Quit Smoking Now

There are collagen destroying enzymes that are ramped up once exposed to tobacco smoking. Smoking starves cells of oxygen, resulting in dull, tired-looking skin. Exposure to second hand smoking can equally affect your skin.

 

Healthy Aging smoking


 

8 || Push Off Partying Hard!

Drugs and alcohol are huge culprits when it comes to aging skin. Medication and drugs elevate hormones (adrenals) which contribute to the wear and tear of connective tissue, resulting in flaccid, loose, sagging skin. As for alcohol, it’s not doing your skin any favors either. Overconsumption of alcohol causes chronic inflammation and harmful free radical activity which is the underlying of skin aging.

 

Healthy Aging