For those of you who desire a more defined jawline, then chin injectables would become a no brainer.. Many ladies complain about their pointed chin, sometimes about it being bony, too pronounced or angular.. Others don’t like their dimpled or cleft chin. The cases mentioned above are candidates for chin fillers, however, with cases with substantive volume loss and skin laxity, chin fillers is not a possible option..
What Is Liquid Chin Augmentation?
An in-clinic procedure that creates a larger or more defined chin. During the procedure, a plastic surgeon injects temporary fillers or long-lasting micro-fat grafts to the chin area.
How it’s Done
To de-emphasize a chin that’s too pointy or pronounced without surgery, fillers such as Juvéderm, Restylane and Perlane can soften harsh angles. Injectable toxins such as Botox, can relax muscles to smooth contours as well. Hyaluronic acid fillers are also used to detract attention away from a dimpled or “cleft” chin.
To achieve a gentler, softer and rounder face, the lateral volumization is the solution, bringing the face back to its natural form, where no one can really notice that anything has been done.
Fat grafting, which is a procedure where fat is removed from an area such as the thighs, stomach or buttocks and injected into the deep tissues of the face, can help restore volume, this procedure can give longer lasting and permanent results.
Some swelling might result after chin augmentation. This would require you sleep with your head elevated.
The Results Of Chin Fillers
- Reduce the appearance of a ‘Double chin’.
- Reduce a ‘Fleshy neck’, where there might be some sagging skin.
- Reduce a ‘Pointed’ or ‘Squared chin’ by injecting fillers to make it more round.
- Reduce the appearance of a ‘Prominent nose’ by bringing forth your chin for a more balanced appearance.
- Increase the size of your chin.
- Increase the length of your chin and help solve for a ‘recessive chin’, producing a more projected, stronger chin.
- Improve the shape of your chin. Some patients may require more width, more length, more angular or less angular chins.
- Improve the symmetry of the chin.
- Adding filler along the jawline sculpts it and also helps make your neck look more defined. When placed correctly, chin fillers can also give the illusion of a slimmer jaw because of the structure it adds.