As we’re beginning to master the art of hibernating during these tough times, my daughter and I have reached to the point where food comas have taken us to the next level. Personally, fresh food abundance has forced me to eventually feed my face, yes, from the outside that is, the actual act of applying 2-(or more)-ingredient-facial-masks and reaping instantaneous benefits is starting to shape my time in quarantine.. What I realized was that whatever the skin problem, it can probably be remedied the natural way. All you need is time -and we’ve got plenty of it now- and to aim for the perfect ingredient. Eventually, you’ll witness your worries melt away.
We’ve got a natural DIY face mask for every case: acne, blackheads, dry skin, enlarged pores, aging skin, you name it! For every skin type, we have a recipe, for every targeted treatment, we have different ingredients. Check out 8 DIY face masks and share with your gals, you never know, they might go viral!
1 || For Brighter Skin
3 tablespoons rolled oats (ground into oat flour in food processor)
1 tablespoon manuka honey
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Apply over the sink, on a clean face.
- Leave mask on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off gently with warm water.
- You may need to wash your face a couple times to remove the yellow tint.
2 || For Clearer Skin
12 non-coated aspirin pills
Juice of one lemon
1/2 tsp baking soda
- Crush the aspirin pills into a powder.
- Slowly stir in the lemon juice. Continue to stir until the you get a pasty consistent.
- Apply to your skin and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Dissolve the baking soda in warm water. Rinse by dipping a cotton ball in your baking soda water and then use the cotton ball to remove the mask. The baking soda will neutralize the acid from the lemon.
- Watch you skin get clearer and clearer after each use.
3 || For Tighter Skin
1 egg white
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp honey
- In a small bowl, beat the egg white until stiff.
- Add the fresh lemon juice and honey.
- Apply the mixture to your face with a makeup brush
- Leave the mask on for 20 minutes.
- Wash the mask off with cold water.
4 || For Oily Skin
2 tbs plain yogurt
1 tsp honey
- Use a spoon to remove all the orange pulp and juice
- add the yogurt and honey into a bowl
- add the orange meat and juice on top
- mix well. Apply for 10-15 minutes then wash off with water.
5 || To Clear Blackheads
4 tablespoons oatmeal
2 tablespoons yogurt
- Coarsely grind the oatmeal and add two tablespoons of yogurt to it. Let it sit for a while.
- Apply the mixture to your face and gently massage on the areas where you have blackheads for 5 minutes. Let it dry.
- Wash it off.
6 || For Glowing Skin
one quarter of an avocado
one tablespoon cocoa powder
one tablespoon honey
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and the honey, mashing and mixing well.
- Apply the mask to your clean, dry skin for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water, then moisturize as per usual.
7 || For Healthy-Looking Skin
1 cup of chamomile tea with 2 tea bags
1 tbs Manuka or raw honey
1 tsp of nutritional yeast
- Brew the chamomile tea withthe tea bags and let cool completely.
- In a tiny bowl, stir together the honey, and the of nutritional yeast.
- Add just enough chamomile tea to the bowl to create a thicker paste that’s still runny enough to spread across your skin, but not too watery.
- Apply a thin layer to your face and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off and pat dry. Moisturize afterward!
8 || To Clear Up Acne
1 tbs aloe vera gel
2 tbs tomato juice
- Add the tomato juice into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the aloe vera gel.
- Mix well.
- Wash your face and neck with warm water and an oil-free cleanser to remove makeup and open pores.
- Apply the mask and let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mask by rinsing with lukewarm water.
- Splash your skin with cool water to close and tighten pores.
- Pat your face dry with a soft, clean towel.